How To Quit Your Day Job And Renovate For Profit
Have you always dreamed of being a professional renovator? Are you wondering how to go from being a hobby renovator to renovating for profit? If you are not in love with your job, or you are looking for a way to increase, or replace your income and quit your day job, renovating can allow you to take control of your income-earning capacity.
At The School Of Renovating we mentor women who often fall in love with renovating later in life. They have a flair for creating beautiful spaces to live in but they stumble when it comes to bringing it all together and making it profitable. Bernadette Janson believes women must look after themselves financially to avoid coming off second best if their partner gets eaten by a lion(!) or their relationship breaks down, or they simply want more financial freedom at any stage of life. We should all have the capacity to stand on our own two feet financially.
Renovating is fun! It allows you to make money doing something you enjoy and still have the flexibility to have time for other things and people you love. It takes time to build up your renovating business to the point when you can walk away from your job. It is possible to do it if you are already unemployed, but it is much harder.
In this episode of She Renovates I run you through our three step plan for renovating for profit so that you can quit your day job. It involves developing your business framework, building your renovation muscle and scaling your business to maximise your profits. Our students who follow this plan to begin their renovating for profit journey have enjoyed great success and are well on their way to creating the life of their dreams. Click play to learn how you can do it too.
Watch the Episode on Video:
- [02:28] Renovating for cash flow
- [05:08] Set up your renovating framework.
- [05:16] Build your renovation muscle.
- [10:14] How to set up your financial framework.
- [11:34] Joint Venture
- [12:22] Airbnb Arbitrage
- [15:31] 100k renovation system
- [16:08] Following a system is important.
- [16:44] The biggest thing that’s missing for women in renovating is confidence
- [17:21] A good trade team is essential.
- [21:31] Micro development strategy.
- [22:25] Airbnb properties can make your creative energy run wild.