Working within a tight budget is an important skill for renovators to learn. After all, the more you spend, the less profit you will make. It’s a fine balancing act.
However, too often, when renovators are revamping an investment property or working on a property they have bought with the intention of renovating and selling, they take sticking to the budget a step too far.
It’s easy to lose sight of the end goal – creating a space your market will love. A few small tweaks can make the world of difference, and you don’t have to make a significant dent in your renovating budget.
In this episode of She Renovates, Bernadette talks about the ten things that can make your renovation look cheap and how you can overcome them to make it look more professional without putting a dent in your budget.
Watch the Episode on Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:40 10 ways to avoid your renovation looking amateur
- 06:09 White wall tiles
- 07:21 White Gloss Kitchen
- 08:40 Direct Stick Mirrors
- 09:30 Non-Standard Bench Heights
- 10:13 Floating Floor with Short Boards.
- 11:46 Roller Blinds for Window dressing
- 12:52 Exposed Curtain tracks
- 13:35 Acrylic Shower Bases
- 14:05 Fake Green walls