Are you a property owner looking for the maximum return on your investments with your accountant?
What tips can property owners use to ensure they get the most out of their accountant? Today, I’m excited to have Brian Goodridge on She Renovates to provide us with his expert advice. Brian has a unique way of making the boring aspects of accounting interesting. He’ll explain why it is so important to have an accountant that has significant experience in property and the risks of not doing so. He’ll also be outlining the Goodridge Property Strategy that outlines the system of Financial/Legal Safety for property owners. I will be outlining this system in detail and the mistakes to avoid when working with an accountant so that you can unlock maximum ROI.
Watch the Episode on Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:24 Brian Goodridge of Goodridge Advisory
- 04:15 Why you need an accountant to help you buy a property
- 07:01 The first protocol for joint ventures and self-managed super funds
- 08:33 What are mistakes that renovators can avoid, by getting the right advice from an accountant?
- 10:26 Joint ventures and partnership agreements
- 12:57 Joint ventures is like getting married
- 14:04 The importance of the basics
- 18:01 Don’t buy a property you haven’t seen yet
- 22:10 The more work you put into it, the more likely you are to be successful