Do you struggle to keep on top of the tasks that life and renovation throw at you? Virginia Wells, a professional organiser, joins the She Renovates podcast to discuss ways she can help renovators stay on top of their renovation projects. Wells runs her own business called Well Sorted and is an accredited member of the Institute of Professional organisers and the Institute for Challenging Disorganisation.
Virginia and Bernadette discuss the importance of a plan, setting clear priorities, and being mindful of the time and energy required to complete the project. They cover keeping the worksite tidy, and planning for storage in a renovated home. They discuss creating functional and practical storage for linen cupboards, kitchens, garages and studies.
Virginia explains David Allen’s GTD System (Getting Things Done) to help keep track of all the various tasks and communications involved in the renovation process, and how to get the buy-in from our loved ones, including husbands, in the organisation and decluttering process! Click play to hear how you can improve the quality of your project through better organisation.
Watch the Episode on Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:54 Virgina Wells of Well Sorted
- 02:58 Working with people with hoarding disorder.
- 04:28 How can renovators stay on top of their projects?
- 10:53 The David Allen process..
- 15:58 How to follow up Trades.
- 19:28 What makes a home more livable from a productivity point of view?
- 24:03 Butler’s Pantry.
- 31:39 Are drawers more useful in a kitchen than cupboards?