In this episode, Bernadette walks listeners through the steps she would take to make decisions about how to maximize the performance and value of a four-bedroom, two-bathroom investment property in Grovedale, Victoria. Before diving into the property, Bernadette discusses an upcoming roadshow that will be touring Australia to help women make savvy property investment decisions. Bernadette then discusses the importance of research and determining whether a renovation should focus on increasing equity, cash flow, or both. Finally, she talks about the importance of desktop valuations and analyzing comparables to support property valuations..
Watch the Episode on Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:15 The Ultimate Event for Smart Property Women
- 04:29 Considering Equity vs. Cash Flow
- 05:15 Desktop Valuation of the Property
- 07:30 – Assessment of Revenue through Airbnb
- 06:29 Checking Median Buy Price and Rental Price
- 8:40 Rule of thumb for getting double in long-term rental
- 09:29 What affordable accommodation offers to Christy’s property?
- 11:11 What should Christy be focusing on in order to improve the property and the income?
- 15:51 Importance of increasing cash flow and equity in the home