In this episode of She Renovates, Bernadette Janson shares her insights on working with millennials to renovate properties. Join her as she discusses the benefits of collaborating with younger family members to accomplish a shared goal. By sharing her personal experiences working with her children, Bernadette highlights the value of finding each person’s strengths, skills, and preferences to make a project successful.
Discover how each renovation project brought unique challenges and how each child brought their own unique perspective to the process.
Listen as Bernadette discusses the benefits of intergenerational projects and the potential outcomes that can come from them.
Watch the Episode on Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 04:41 Importance of building relationships during renovation projects
- 05:56 Stephen’s retirement and decreased borrowing capacity
- 08:30 Consider the amount of work before starting a project
- 09:37 Importance of proper insulation installation
- 11:23 Our approach to this project involves both DIY and trades
- 12:14 Importance of budgeting for Trades
- 16:26 Meeting a Lady on TikTok
- 17:40 Upcoming Webinar: Renovate Your Retirement
Renovate Your Retirement Workshop https://members.theschoolofrenovating.com/renovate-you-retirement-workshop-may-2023
The School Of Renovating
The Avocado Smash Strategy