In this podcast interview, Bernadette Janson speaks to Katrina Lumsden about how holiday home owners can use social media to boost bookings. Katrina, who is an interior designer and property investor, shares her expertise on Instagram and Facebook, and the importance of the human connection these platforms provide. She emphasizes how Instagram can offer an opportunity to connect with potential clients, particularly those in the older demographic who are still using Facebook.
Throughout the interview you will pick up useful tips and insights into how to utilize social media to elevate holiday properties and attract more bookings.
Watch the Episode on Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:40 Who is Katrina Lumsden
- 02:44 Katrina’s big dream of designing a holiday property
- 03:18 The importance of social media for holiday rental property owners.
- 04:13 Importance of connection and engagement with potential clients through Instagram
- 05:00 Worldwide and free availability of Instagram as a marketing tool.
- 06:41 Using Facebook for property promotion
- 08:01 The importance of professional photography and using trending audio on Instagram.
- 10:12 Follower numbers and the importance of nurturing the community.
- 11:49 Instagram’s visual appeal
- 12:18 Importance of beautifully designed and styled holiday homes
- 14:45 Short-term rental plan for Bernadette Janson’s Darley Street property
- 15:25 Importance of introducing yourself if you own a holiday home
- 16:36 Posting reels
- 17:28 Trending audio in reels
- 19:08 Importance of having a style guide and cohesive branding for Instagram
- 20:25 Targeting the right market for your Instagram content
- 21:49 Katrina Lumsden’s services
The School Of Renovating
Studio Haven’s Instagram Account
She Renovates Podcast